Platform Trailer Lorry Driver
Position Description: Be a passionate driver to carry a 40ft cargo trailer for driving around whole Peninsular Malaysia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Site investigations;
- Quantity/Material takeoff;
- Checking estimates for extensions, accuracy, and errors;
- Preparation of estimate schedules for tendering reviews;
- Contacting sub-trades and suppliers for quotations;
- Evaluating sub-trades quotations;
- Recommending sub-trades;
- Participate in tender closings;
- Compiling and condensing successful and unsuccessful tenders;
- Follow up with invited Sub-Contractors/Suppliers to confirm their intentions to quote;
- Maintain Sub-Contractor/Supplier relations;
- Maintain unit price and productivity knowledge and database;
- Maintain Career Progression plan;
- Other Duties and responsibilities as required.
- Holding a VALID Vocational Driving Licence (VDL) or Commercial Driving License
Special driving license for drivers of commercial vehicles such as buses and trucks, issued jointly by the Road Transport Department (JPJ) and the Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board (SPAD).
- Accepted classes of driving license, namely:-
E – Trucks (all classes)
E1 – Trucks with unloaded weight not exceeding 7500 kg
E2 – Trucks with unloaded weight not exceeding 5000 kg
H – Tractors / Heavy motorized machines (wheeled) with unloaded weight exceeding 5000 kg
I – Tractors / Heavy motorized machines (chained) with unloaded weight exceeding 5000 kg
- Have driven cargo trailer experience (40ft in trailer 2x axles, 3x axles, 4 axles)
- Preferred if able to handle cargo loading more wider than 8ft, length more long than 40ft.
- Preferred if got experience / knowledge to handle accessories : tie-up belt, jacks, side shaft, steel chain, etc
- Preferred if got experience in delivery of construction materials : concrete piles, building materials, steel product, etc.