Cargo Trailer Lorry Driver
Position Description: Be a passionate driver to carry a 40ft cargo trailer for driving around whole Peninsular Malaysia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take care about its own truck/lorry scheduled maintenance, follow up with team’s Maintenance Officer;
- Follow customer request delivery time ETA and arrange your delivery schedule by accordingly;
- Always ensure personal & public safety when loading & unloading cargo goods;
- Be a friendly communicate person when dealing with site clients and factory person-in-charge;
- Must follow Malaysia Traffic laws regulations, such as no entry to Penang (or versa back from Penang to Mainland) between barred time : 6.30am – 8.30am and 5.00pm-7.00pm;
- Be prepared to attend Puspakom Routine Inspection, arrange schedule for maintenance and repair;
- Passing up Delivery Order / Documents to Office Clerk whenever arrived at Office immediately;
- Be responsible, any personal leave or urgent personal absence need Management approval prior to your dismiss on transportation job arranged.
- Holding a VALID Vocational Driving Licence (VDL) or Commercial Driving License
Special driving license for drivers of commercial vehicles such as buses and trucks, issued jointly by the Road Transport Department (JPJ) and the Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board (SPAD).
- Accepted classes of driving license, namely:-
E – Trucks (all classes)
E1 – Trucks with unloaded weight not exceeding 7500 kg
E2 – Trucks with unloaded weight not exceeding 5000 kg
H – Tractors / Heavy motorized machines (wheeled) with unloaded weight exceeding 5000 kg
I – Tractors / Heavy motorized machines (chained) with unloaded weight exceeding 5000 kg
- Have driven cargo trailer experience (40ft in trailer 2x axles, 3x axles, 4 axles)
- Preferred if got experience / knowledge to handle accessories : tie-up belt, jacks, side shaft, steel chain, etc
- Preferred if got experience in delivery of construction materials : concrete piles, building materials, steel product, etc.